Our teachers are the primary assets in the Scripture program.
They are highly motivated, trained, enthusiastic and selfless volunteers, who give up their precious time to teach our students.
We are always looking for new teachers to join our 400 strong team. So if you think you’ve got what it takes, read our requirements and submit your expression of interest form!
To be accepted as an ISRE teacher, you are required to:
• Speak and read English fluently.
• Have basic Islamic knowledge.
• Agree to abide by ISRE policies and procedures and any Department of Education and Communities policies or guidelines.
• Have your own means of reliable transport to and from the school.
• Have a current contact phone number.
• Complete mandatory induction and ongoing training.
• Be eligible to hold a New NSW Working with Children Check- Volunteer.
• Not have criminal conviction for: o a crime against a minor, o violence, o assault or o providing prohibited drugs.
To assist you with this important role as a teacher, ISRE will provide you with teaching resources and materials regularly. Every term you will receive a syllabus containing the lessons to be taught over the term, as well as a workbook containing various activities and exercises.
You will also be provided with useful resources such as merit awards, stickers and competitions. Additionally, you will also be invited to attend various training sessions which will be held throughout the year to help you improve your teaching skills.
You will also have a supervisor available to you for further individual support and continual contact. Your supervisor will contact you on a regular basis to keep you updated and informed of ISRE issues and assist you with any concerns you might have.
Please fill out this form if you are interest in becoming a scripture teacher and one of our staff will contact you promptly.